ERA-HDHL was the first ERA-NET Cofund of the JPI-HDHL. Its aim was to provide a robust platform for implementing Joint Funding Activities (JFA) that address the research challenges that are identified and described in the Strategic Research Agenda and Implementation Plans of JPI HDHL. ERA-HDHL objectives were also to improve coordination and reduce the overlap between national and EU funding in relevant fields of research, achieve a critical mass and ensure better use of limited resources in fields of mutual interests.
ERA-HDHL ran for a period of six years, from February 2016 to January 2022.The first Joint Funding Activity of ERA-HDHL was to support research in the field of Biomarkers of Nutrition and Health cofunded with the European Commission. Its aim was to fund multidisciplinary transnational research consortia that used innovative and scientific approaches to increase knowledge on the development and validation of biomarkers for nutrition and health and to create a transnational network of researchers collaborating in these fields, well integrated at the international level. Five additional JFAs were implemented based on the Implementation Plans of the JPI HDHL. ERA-HDHL welcomed the participation of new funders, not belonging to ERA-HDHL consortium, and facilitated the collaboration between JPI HDHL, FACCE JPI, and JPI OCEANS on nutrition and food security.
JPI HDHL Bodies
Steering Committee and secretariats of the Management board, Scientific advisory board and Stakeholder advisory board
EC: European Commission
CU: Coordination Unit
It is composed of a coordinator, a project manager and a financial and administrative officer, located at the French National Research Agency (ANR).
NSC: Network Steering Committee
It is composed of one representative from each ERA-HDHL partner organization.
EB: Executive Board
EB composed of the Work package leaders and the CU is the general executive body of the consortium. It oversees the timely execution of all work packages.
CSC: Call steering committee
It is formed for each joint call and composed of those NSC members taking part in the joint call (“variable geometry” principle), and additional partners outside the consortium which may join the calls.
JCS: Joint call secretariat
JCS serves as a central contact point for applicants, evaluators and funders involved in JFAs
SEC: Scientific evaluation committee
|France||French National Research Agency||ANR||www.agence-nationale-recherche.fr|
|The Netherlands||The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development||ZonMw||www.zonmw.nl|
Federal Office for Agriculture and Food
Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture
National Institute of Health Carlos III
The State research Agency of Spain
Public service of Wallonia, Directorate-General Operational for Economy, Employment and Research
Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies
Ministry of University and Research
|Austria||Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research||BMBWF||www.bmbwf.gv.at|
|Romania||National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation||ANCSI||www.ancs.ro|
|Poland||The National Centre for Research and Development||NCBR||www.nauka.gov.pl|
Science Foundation Ireland
Dept. of Agriculture, Food & the Marine
|United Kingdom||United Kingdom Research Innovation||UKRI||www.ukri.ac.uk|
|Denmark||Innovation Fund Denmark||IFD||http://innovationsfonden.dk|
|Turkey||The Scientific and Technological Research Council||TUBITAK||www.tubitak.gov.tr|
|Canada||Canadian Institutes of Health Research||CIHR||www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca|
Publications & Deliverables
- ERA-NET Cofund ERA-HDHL factsheet
- ERA-HDHL Results of the Joint Transnational Research Proposal: "Biomarkers for Nutrition and Health"
- Factsheet ‘ERA-HDHL: final abstract of the cofunded projects Biomarkers for Nutrition and Health’
- Factsheet 'ERA-HDHL: Outcomes of the cofunded projects Biomarkers for nutrition and Health'
- Factsheet ‘Policy Evauluation Network (PEN)’
- Factsheet ‘Nutrition & Epigenome’
- Factsheet ‘Knowledge Hub on Food and Nutrition Security (KH FNS)’
- Factsheet ERA-HDHL PREVNUT - "Development of targeted nutrition for prevention and treatment of undernutrition in elderly"
- Factsheet ERA-HDHL FOOD_HYPERSENS “Addressing adverse and beneficial effects of food ingredients and food processing on hypersensitivities to food (FOOD_HYPERSENS)”
Statistical analysis of the JFA
- Deliverable 7.2 'Statistical analysis of the first JFA results (PEN)'
- Deliverable 7.7 'Statistical analysis of the second JFA results (Nutrition & Epigenome)'
- Deliverable 7.9 'Statistical analysis of the third JFA results (KH FNS)'
- Deliverable 7.12 'Statistical analysis of the fourth JFA results (PREVNUT)'
- Deliverable 7.14 'Statistical analysis of the fift JFA results (FOOD_HYPERSENSE)'