The Management Board (MB)
In the MB all decisions, relevant to this JPI, are planned, taken and implemented.
The MB is responsible for the overall coordination, supervision, implementation and progress of the JPI. The MB will request advice from the SAB and the SHAB. For decisions, the MB will take into due consideration the deliberations made by these two boards.
The MB ensures the political backing of the initiatives from MS/AS. MB members are requested to coordinate with relevant stakeholders in their countries. The MB ensures the visibility of the JPI and takes also the broadness of the JPI topic into account.
The MB is responsible for decision-taking on SRA.
The MB identifies:
- societal relevant research issues
- public research instruments (regional, national and/or European) suitable to realize the objectives
- priorities for joint initiatives that will have valuated impact at the European Union level, taking into account pre-existing national and EU activities
This involves at least the following steps and decisions:
- define the procedures to establish the SRA
- adopt the final document, oversee its development, and decide on updates and changes
The MB decides on JPI activities and their implementation, corrective measures, etc.. and will
- develop strategies for international cooperation and coordination
- define joint transnational initiatives, based on the defined priorities for joint initiatives
- define rules of participation invite Member and Associated States to participate in the implementation of joint transnational initiatives (including prior commitment on financing, premissed that participation in specific initiatives is voluntarily and follows the principle of variable geometry)
- facilitate the development of new instruments, where necessary.
Furthermore the MB will
- implement an overarching concept for the dissemination and communication of results from JPI
- report to CREST, SCAR, KBBE-NET or other political bodies of the European Commission and the Council of the European Union.