ILSI, one of the members of the JPI HDHL SHAB is organizing a Symposium on “Nutrition for the Ageing Brain: Moving Towards Clinical Applications” with the purpose to debate with experts the potential for maintaining cognitive function through dietary intake. The Symposium will take place on 30-31 August 2018 in Madrid, Spain.
The symposium will specifically focus on clinical aspects and novel strategies developed to determine whether diet and nutrients have efficacy in individuals affected by dementia and other neurodegenerative conditions.
Main themes to be addressed:
• Impact of nutrition on brain functions using neuroimaging technologies;
• Microbiome and immune status: impact on brain function;
• (Bio)markers of food intake and cognitive health;
• Sleep deprivation: effects on diet and cognitive performance;
• New methodologies applied to dementia and how nutrition could play a role.
The themes to be debated are connected to pillar 2 and 3 of the JPI HDHL Strategic Research Agenda and to the approaches explored in JPI HDHL Joint Actions NUTRICOG and MALNUTRITION.
Registration is already available and the deadline for poster submission is 15 June 2018.
More information can be found on www.ilsi.eu.